Thursday, March 28, 2013


Hydrangeas, Oil on Board, 23"x34"
I worked until dark today and need a spotlight to photograph my progress.  As a result, the left side is washed out with glare.  But I did finish the 2nd stage of the pink blossom.  The remainder of the blossoms will not be as sharply defined.  I started to experiment with two of them.  But I believe I need to increase the clarity, linearity.  

I went to the Duxbury Art Complex today in order to see my painting without the crowds that will be at the closing.  There are impressive works among the selections.  It's good for me to see my work juxtaposed with others.  It helps up my efforts at quality.  I also noticed that my piece is bowing a bit.  I really need to fix this problem with painting on board.